MamaMia’s Mac Salad
Tips From MamaMia:
- Make the Mac Juice early so it can rest and absorb the flavors.
- When chopping bell peppers, make sure to clean out all seeds.
- Use fresh seasonings, especially the black pepper.
- Use a good quality, finely shredded cheese.
Mac Juice Ingredients:
- 2 ¼ C mayonnaise
- 1 ¾ C sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ¾ C white sugar
- 1/3 C cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients in large container starting with the wet ingredients and stirring in the dry.
- Refrigerate and let rest for a couple hours.
- Save some juice to refresh the next day’s leftovers or to add a little goodness to anything. This is a great base for recipes.
Mac Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large purple onions diced
- 2 large green bell peppers diced
- 3 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 C large pasta shell noodles
- Salt the water before boiling the noodles.
- Add noodles and one tbsp. oil to keep noodles from sticking together.
- Mix it all together and serve hot or cold.