Brad’s Bradass Brisket
Recipe Tips From Brad:
- Choose a pretty brisket with a good amount of fat, 12 – 16 lbs. Hold it up meat side down with one hand in the middle. If it lets gravity take over and starts to bend or fold over your hand, it’s gonna be a beauty! Good and tender!
- Give yourself plenty of time. Put the brisket on early so you will have time to let the brisket rest before serving. Some PitMasters use a clean cooler with a lid to hold it for at least an hour to let the brisket fall or get tender.
- Brisket should smoke at around 260F and reach a maximum temp. of 190 – 195F to ensure tenderness. Use a probe thermometer.
- When slicing brisket, cut across the grain with the knife at an angle to get the best cut for presentation and eating.
- Invest in a good pair of waterproof gloves in case you need to move the brisket during the smoking process.
- Have the beer cooler close to the smoker so you can keep a good eye on your temps.!
- Serve with your favorite Junk-Free ShedSpred BBQ Sauce.
Fuel Supply: Varies by Smoker Size
- 15 logs pecan wood
- 40 lbs. charcoal
- 1 ½ C garlic salt
- 1 ½ C paprika
- ¾ C cumin
- ¾ C fresh black pepper
- ½ C chili powder
- ¼ C oregano
- 15 C turbinado sugar
- 12 – 16 lbs. brisket
- Rub in and fully cover the brisket with Brisket Rub
- Smoke around 260F until reaching a maximum temperature of 190 – 195F.
- If using a grill vs. smoker, be sure to use indirect heat.
- Will take 10 – 12 hours.
- Let it rest before serving.